Introducing Brian Clinton
Candidate for Governor’s Council – Second District
Brian Clinton is a candidate for the Second District of the Governor’s council because he has a plan to renew the Council’s central mission as a fiscal and ethical watchdog over state government activities. Brian is a dedicated family man and lives in Hyde Park with his wife Jessica and their two young daughters Eve and Olivia. As a public servant, Brian has committed his time and energy working on behalf of his neighbors and his community to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods. With ties to many communities in the Second District, Brian is committed to continue working to improve the responsiveness and accountability of government to the people in the Second District.
Community Leader and Dedicated Public Servant
- Currently serves as Chief of Staff for Boston City Councilor Rob Consalvo;
- Elected on March 6, 2012 by voters of Hyde Park, Roslindale and Mattapan to serve as a member of the Ward 18 Democratic Committee;
- Recruited to join the Board of Directors at Blue Hills Bank where he presently serves on both the Governance and Community Reinvestment Act Committee;
- Member of the Board of Directors of Hyde Park Main Streets for 10 years, 2 terms as President;
- Awarded the prestigious Hammer Award, for significant contributions in support of reinventing government principles, as part of Boston Hyde Park Relocation Team by the Office of the Vice-President in 1999;
- Former Neighborhood Coordinator for Hyde Park and Roslindale in the Boston Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services from 1997 to 2002;
- Built a successful program to provide out-of-school activities for at-risk teens at the Ohrenberger Community Center.
- Met his wife in 2006 whom he met on Cape Cod and they were married on New Year’s Eve 2008;
- Homeowner and hands-on father of daughters Eve age 2 and newborn Olivia.
Family Roots in the Second District
- Hyde Park: eldest son of Tom and Jean Clinton;
- Westwood: sister Joanna Hamilton is an RN at Brigham & Women’s Hospital and resides with her husband Danny and four children;
- Roslindale: brother Mark, a popular-longtime barber and custodian in the Boston Public Schools;
- West Roxbury: sister Andrea Kelly, an accountant with KPMG, and her husband Charley resides with their two sons;
- Hyde Park: sister Amy Boudreau is a Boston Police Officer and lives with her husband Adam and son Will; and
- Youngest brother Michael lives in Hyde Park and works as a HR Recruiter for Hill Holliday in Boston.
- Cum Laude graduate of MA College of Liberal Arts in North Adams 1995; BA in English Communications; served for 2 semesters as the Editor in Chief of the award-winning Beacon. Brian led the school’s intramural department as its Student Director during his senior year;
- Graduate of Boston Latin Academy 1991.